Friday, January 15, 2016

100 Days of Calligraphy: Day 3

Day 3 of what I intend to be more diligent and intentional about this new year! :)  It's the first variation of the pressure-and-release stroke.  I began practicing the smaller version of the stroke.  After that, I worked on the upside-down variation which I found to be easier to do.








I think I'm getting better with the control I have over my calligraphy pen (read: no more splattered ink due to intense nib pressure) as seen on the thin and practically uniform downstrokes.  I still have a long way to go, though.  This year, I swear I will be more disciplined and committed to getting better at this. :)

2 comments:

  1. one of my goals for 2016 is to learn calligraphy. Can we learn without workshop? Planning to buy a book on calligraphy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Little Miss Honey! Yes, it is possible. :) I took one workshop in the past and now I'm doing self-study. You may want to check out Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy by Eleanor Winters. It's super helpful for beginners. :)

      Delete