Saturday, October 26, 2013

The One About L.E.S. Bagels

More than rice and pasta, I really am a bread person.  If I want to die via carbs, you bet I’m big on bread.  Choosing bread in our small household is almost an art.  I really take time in deciding which golden brown loaf will come home with us.  And that white generic loaf lining grocery shelves?  No, thank you.

A good bagel is really hard to come by in Manila which is a pity because I love a good bagel that’s double-toasted and slathered with thick cream cheese.  That’s why when I learned that L.E.S. (Lower East Side) Bagels has opened in Tuscany Hill near where I teach, I made it a point to visit the new establishment.

It was bagel heaven inside!  I was just looking for a good bagel with a soft, crusty outside and chewy inside but LES Bagels offered a rather good variety of bagels.  There were whole wheat, pumpernickel, sesame seed, black Russian, onion, cinnamon raisin, salted, and Nigella seed options apart from the plain one.




And the cream cheese menu!!!  To die for!  I thought it was really difficult choosing which cream cheese variant went with the right bagel!




Anyhoo, I happily brought home my brown bag of bagel heaven and unearthed these babies:



 Bacon and cheddar cream cheese on plain bagel


 Blueberry cream cheese on pumpernickel bagel


 Jalapeno cream cheese on an onion bagel


Sundried tomato and basil cream cheese on a sesame seed bagel


They were all really, really, really yummy!  Finally, a taste of real New York bagels in Manila!  They were also heavy so two people can actually share a bagel.  Check it out.  You'll love it!  Even your waistline will agree! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment