Monday, September 16, 2013

The One That's All Randomness



It's Monday again.  I spent the last weekend making things.  Check this out:

Saturday:
AM:  Woke up at around 4:30 am to prepare for the upcoming lessons in school.  Also drew up my grocery list.  Hon-some was still asleep and I remembered my high school days when I would wake up at 3:00 am to study for the day's exams.  I loved studying and working when everyone else was asleep because it was quiet and my brain was at its element.  It was nice being reacquainted with the wonders of dawn.

Had breakfast with Hon-some and did my weekend household cleaning.  Then off to the supermarket to do our groceries.

PM:  After lunch, I engaged in our (Hon-some and I) newest passion project.  Then I sewed soft toys for Playthings by Wicked Crafts.  And read a book.  I'm finishing the Chronicles of Narnia series now.

Sunday:
AM:  Woke up at 5:00 am to make unit plans for school.  Had breakfast and went to church.  Did never-ending household chores. :)

PM:  Cooked kaldereta for lunch. I brewed a new batch of the organic red kamote tops tea.  While the leaves were steeping, I continued making soft toys and brought out clothes to the laundromat.  I sewed until it was time to cook dinner.  We had chicken Parmigiana and buttered vegetables.  And then I read Narnia again.  I'm rushing to finish The Last Battle so I can read this...




My newest Fully Booked find!


I was so engaged last weekend that Hon-some pointed out that I should stop and take a rest to which I replied, "But crafting relaxes me." :)

Before going to bed last night, I looked at my hands and said a thankful prayer.  My hands make beautiful things.

I like to start my week with some inspiration.  In the middle of teaching my second graders (yes, I'm a second grade teacher now!  I love it!) addition with and without regrouping, I chanced upon this...

It's a new stack of fabric that I bought two weekends ago.  Aren't they pretty?





And to finish off this random babbling, I made this recently...





It's a sample I made for A Very Hungry Caterpillar party.  I used paper to make the caterpillar but it's really supposed to be made with pompoms to make the caterpillar 3D-ish.

Have a wonderful week ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment