Monday, November 19, 2012

The One about the Embellished Clipboards


I'm delaying writing a post about the last day of my creative retreat until I have worked out the kinks on something related to it.  In the meantime, I'm showing you something I made recently.  I have been meeting with former colleagues (who are now school owners) for some business stuff.  I contacted them to ask for help and they have been kind enough to say yes.  I decided to make embellished clipboards as thank-you gifts.

They're so easy to make!


 I have some inexpensive clipboards I got from the bookstore.  Wooden clipboards are best.


 I took some scrapbook paper (don't use thin paper such as gift wrappers) and cut it to fit the clipboard.  I used two kinds of scrapbook paper to fit the clipboard.


 I then used a foam brush to spread Mod Podge on the clipboard and also at the back of the scrapbook paper.


 Then I used a squeegee to smoothen the paper and to take out all the bubbles from the Mod Podge.


 For the last step, I coated the entire clipboard with Mod Podge again.  I used matte Mod Podge.  Mod Podge is love!


After drying, I just tied a ribbon around the clipboard.  Easy peasy, right?

Happy crafting! :)

2 comments: