Thursday, October 25, 2012

The One About My Egyptian Halloween Costume



When October rolled in, this realization sank in:  Oh no!  Since I'm teaching again, I have to be in costume for Halloween!  And so I trooped to my favorite fabric and craft stores and whipped up a super easy DIY costume.

I decided to go Egyptian because I already had a black dress so all I needed were the head dress, bib, and belt.

 I bought gold fabric, did some measurements, and cut away!

 I cut two pieces of this.

I put half an inch allowances around and sewed the two pieces together, right sides facing each other.

  I folded the outer edge and made small stitches under it so make it look smooth and seamless.

Then I used hot glue to attach the jewel pieces on the bib.


 The belt was easier to make.  Measured my waist, sewed the edges, and glued on the jewels.

 As for the head dress, I saw this in Landmark and snapped it up:



As for the complete costume...teehee...I forgot to take a picture!  Hahaha!  But you do get the idea, don't you?


Teehee,  anyway, I shall be offline for a couple of days.  Our semestral break in school has started and I'm planning to use the entire week to go on a creative retreat.  Won't really be going away, though.  Will just use my time to be creative.  And to dream.  A lot.  :)

See you soon, lovelies!  Happy crafting!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment