Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend Tidbits III



Hon-some and I try to stay in during weekends because we just love to laze and lounge around our home.  But when the battery of my beloved man's watch died, we had to rush to the watch service center which happened to be in Cubao.


Good as new!

Since we were there already - and haven't been in quite some time - we decided to make the most of that trip to Cubao and stroll around.  We made a mad dash (haha!) to our favorite S&R pizza.





I always order the clam chowder there because it always reminds me of my family's summer vacation in San Francisco. We ordered clam chowder and oyster crackers and had a picnic by the Bay.  Unfortunately, S&R was out that day.  Fortunately, there was an ongoing promo so all the food we had just cost us P198!!!  Even McDonald's can't beat that!


Hon-some suggested we visit the small row of ukay-ukays (thrift stores) in the area.  I haven't been to one in five years!  I was charmed that the thrill of finding something nice there still remained.  I bought two skirts at P150 each.  Pretty expensive for a thrift find, I know.  Or is that how thrift stores price their goods nowadays?  I'm still probably stuck in the five-years-ago price range.


We visited Shopwise which was supposedly renovated and did a little grocery shopping.  There, we chanced upon today's ice cream Holy Grail...




Now I suddenly don't understand all the fuss over it.


To end this weekend post, here's something I whipped up for Sunday lunch...

 
 Chicken parmigiana and potato chowder


The weekend that was.  Hope yours was just as lovely.  Have a great week, lovelies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment