Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The One That Was the Weekend



How was your long weekend, lovelies?  Ours was very laidback but eventful just the same.  On one of those days, Hon-some wanted to avoid going to the malls and suggested we go to this secondhand goods store (ukay-ukay) nearby.  He and I have been wanting to go there for the longest time especially every time we pass by the store and all of the parking slots are filled up no matter what time of day it is.  Well, we found our chance (and a good parking slot) last weekend and all I could think of was, "Why did we wait this long before going here?"

You see, the place isn't your typical ukay-ukay.  Sure, it has clothes, shoes, and bags but it has also got cool toys and boardgames, Little Tikes play equipment, fishing rods, dinnerware, kitchen appliances, home decors -- all sourced from the USA.  You will unearth some good finds, believe me.  Take a look...
 
 
I was browsing through their book collection without really meaning to buy anything.  You see, I'm on a book-buying ban.  I've been buying books left and right for some time now and my "To Read" list is really piling up.  But when I saw this book, I just couldn't resist.  For starters, I don't come across a lot of really good teacher resource books on mathematics plus...
 
 
 
 
...when I saw these at the back of the book, I knew I had to get it.  And at PhP80 (about $1.80), I just couldn't let it go.


 
 
I also found this Picture Lotto game for the same price.  The store had this entire wall of board games.
When I opened the box, I noticed there were only three lotto cards but all six double-sided boards were complete.  I figured I'd just scan the boards, cut the pictures up, use Mod Podge to stick them onto tagboards and then I've got lotto cards!


But these...these are the best finds I got....
 
 
 
SEWING PATTERNS!!!!!


 
 
 
I just couldn't believe my luck!  I've been lusting over these for years now because they aren't available where I live and I just found a box full of these patterns at only PhP50 ($1.16) each!  I got patterns for baby clothes.
Women's clothes patterns





I don't really make plush toys but these are just too cute to pass up!


Up to this day, I still look at my sewing patterns lovingly.  Hahaha!  Anyway, Hon-some and I knew that for most people, long weekends are equal to out-of-town escapades.  But we're trendy (haha!) so we do staycations.  Still feeling thrift-store high, we went to Binondo (Chinatown) that night for dinner.  Travel and parking were heavensent!!!  We ate at this place we have been missing for so long...




Looks familiar, TLC peeps?




Unbelievably tasty porkchops (and noodles) at Tasty Dumplings!!!  Hon-some and I couldn't stop saying "Na-miss ko 'to" as we wolfed down our meal.  The porkchops still does cartwheels in our dreams. :)


It's my mom's birthday today so, as an early birthday gift, I treated her and the rest of my family to dinner at Pino along Maginhawa Street in UP Village.  We ordered the pica-pica platter which had wasabi onion rings, tofu balls with cream cheese filling, lemongrass skewers, fries, calamari, and longganiza-topped nachos.  We also ordered this tasty green salad (I forget the name), Kare-Kareng Bagnet (whose bagoong just melted beautifully into the peanut sauce) and Red Wine Adobong Tadyang.  Everything tasted great...so great that I forgot to take pictures!  Hahaha!


Anyhoo, to end this post, my long weekend ended with my brother giving me my holiday gift early...


 
 
 
Here's to an even longer reading list!!!
Enjoy the rest of the week, lovelies!












No comments:

Post a Comment