Monday, November 22, 2010

The One About Burger Project

Okay, I know I said in my last post that my next foodie adventure would be at Sofitel Hotel. However, I got sidetracked by this little burger place along the burgeoning Maginhawa Street in QC.





Teddy Bird and I have been reading about raves about The Burger Project, most notably on Our Awesome Planet, and we decided to try it out one Sunday night.

It is a cozy little place that serves, by far, the best burger in our opinion. Its unique concept is that you create your own burger by choosing the patty (Angus beef, beef, chicken, or tofu), the bun (poppyseed bun, potato bun, or oatmeal bun), the cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, gruyere, or bleu cheese), the toppings (onion rings, caramelized onions, sauteed mixed mushrooms, bacon, pepperoni, pineapple, sundried tomatoes - oh, there are just too many!), and sauce (marinara, BBQ sauce, garlic sauce, etc.). Choosing among 50,000 possible combinations is just half the fun. The other half is in the eating!




I chose beef burger on poppyseed bun, bleu cheese, and caramelized onions. Not only was it yummy, it was super filling because it was huuuuge!




Teddy Bird chose beef burger on poppyseed bun along with caramelized onion, sauteed mixed mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, and BBQ sauce.

As Lily (from How I Met your Mother) put it, "I just had a burg-asm..."




We had onion rings to go with our burgers and were they good! :)

On our second visit, I had the beef burger on poppyseed bun again but this time with sauteed mixed mushrooms, onion rings, mozzarella cheese, and garlic sauce! We also tried the fried mozzarella cheese and loved those big fat cheese sticks to bits!

I don't think I'll ever get tired of eating here. If burgers are always this good, then - dang it - super size me! Those burg-asms are worth every extra pound. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment